Thai Times

New Generations Exchange is Rotary International's (www.rotary.org) newest exchange program for young professionals and/or students. I am the first NGE delegate sponsored for a 4 week exchange by the Rotary Club of Reno in District 5190 to Thailand District 3340.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Here, Now, United States

So much to write in such little time...

Friday, July 14, 2006

I had my first experience with Thai massage. It was incredibly intense but left me feeling so relaxed and stress-free. The style of it involves applying deep pressure with the fingers, elbows, and forearms, as well as stretching and pulling. Tonight, my hour-long massage was given by an excellent masseuse- she was the teacher for all of the masseuses at the spa that I went to. Ma told me that her monthly base salary is 500 baht (that is less than $20 per month) in addition to 20 baht per hour of massage (less than $1!). I asked her if she wanted to come back to the US with me as my massage therapist. She laughed kindly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home