Thai Times

New Generations Exchange is Rotary International's (www.rotary.org) newest exchange program for young professionals and/or students. I am the first NGE delegate sponsored for a 4 week exchange by the Rotary Club of Reno in District 5190 to Thailand District 3340.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Here, Now, United States

So much to write in such little time...

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Today started out with the now customary (to me) making of breakfast for the monks. We were just about to start presenting it to them in this picture...



...but then five more people showed up with more food! I'm telling you- if you want to eat well, bring some food to offer to a monk because there will be at least ten other people doing the same and afterwards it's a buffet!

Ayuthaya- the old capital of Siam
After breakfast, Ma's friends and I went to see some old ruins in the capital from the 15th century.





This is Buddha's face made out of sandstone. The body no longer exists but I thought that it looked rad wrapped up in this tree.


The Buddha taught 7 positions for meditation. This one is for "Friday."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home